How to log into a gateway from the ISP but "managed by omada controller"?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-31 18:46:33 - last edited 2021-05-31 19:20:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have the following setup:

Internet --- Modem by ISP --- TL-R605 Router --- LAN and some EAP245 v3 APs --- an Omada Controller.

Putting the WAN IP in a browser shows a web login form with "Note: This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller". Does anyone know the default username and password? I never set them myself before.

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to log into a gateway from the ISP but "managed by omada controller"?
2021-05-31 21:02:24

@WesWalker 

Hi,

if the gateway is adopted by Omada, you cannot manage it on WebGui, you have to manage it in Omada SDN.

Best Regards

Options
2021-06-01 21:33:26

@Emitplink So if I understand correctly, the tp-link WEB login for the gateway is completely useless and has no valid username/password, right? A related question is, how to access the Router's configuration interface (assuming there is one like 192.168.100.1)?

Options
2021-06-02 09:00:04

@WesWalker 

hi there, if your router has been managed by the controller, when you try to log in to the router's web management page you can see this error message.

First, you need to reset the router by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, after that you can connect the PC back of router, using 192.168.0.1 to login. The username and password are both "admin".

Best Regards!

Options
2021-09-16 21:01:18

John1234 wrote

@WesWalker 

hi there, if your router has been managed by the controller, when you try to log in to the router's web management page you can see this error message.

First, you need to reset the router by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, after that you can connect the PC back of router, using 192.168.0.1 to login. The username and password are both "admin".

Best Regards!

@John1234 

The gateway IP adres can be found in the omada controler, and you can than login the gateway eg. a Interproviders router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2844

Replies: 4

Related Articles