Firewall with IPv6 Pass-Through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-02 13:41:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello

I was able to get valid IPv6 addresses distributed on my LAN by enabling IPv6 with the Pass-through config on both WAN and LAN on Omada Controller 4.3.5. Great! Having been waiting for that since I purchased TL-R605 here in Brazil (where CGNAT is the rule).

However, I can't access my LAN server through it's IPv6 address. I'm not sure if it's the GPON router (with PPPOE configured) connected to the WAN end of the router, or the router itself.

I tried adding a firewall rule for the IPv4 address, but that didn't work. How can I create IPv6 firewall rules, or any other config to allow a server sitting on the LAN to be accessible externally by its IPv6 address?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Firewall with IPv6 Pass-Through
2021-06-04 09:57:59

@LucianoR 

1. Hi there, there has a beta firmware for the ER605, if you don't mind you can have a try to use it:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202106/20210601/ER605(UN)_V1_1.1.0_20210531.zip

This is the beta firmware of the NAT Loopback.

2. As for the issue"can't access my LAN server through it's IPv6 address", want to know that you are using the domain name of the server to access it or try to use server's IP address to access it.

At the same time, you can try to Ping the Server's IP address to see if you can access it.

Turn off the firewall and anti- virus to have a try if cannot Ping.

3. As for the issue "IPv4 firewall rule" can not work, it is advised to get the screenshot on it to check how IPv4 firewall fails.

At the same time, do you use the Controller Software to manage the device?

Have a nice day!

Options
2021-06-04 13:59:41

@John1234 

1) Done. just applied. Same results.

2) Both. I used traceroute IPv6 and ping IPv6 utilities available online. All working fine.

I did also a IPv6 port scanner online utility and showing all as Filtered.

I wonder where they are being filtered - ISP router or my TL-R605 router. So used the IPv6 for the WAN Connection for the ISP router, and same results.

So I think I will have to take this with my ISP.

3) I'm using the software controller sitting on the LAN. My port forwarding rule is very simple:

Options
2021-06-05 20:39:43
I like this question. I have the same issue. No IPv6 firewall on the router?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2138

Replies: 3

Related Articles