How do I set up Split Tunneling?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 05:07:04
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I've got the first Ethernet port as WAN, second Ethernet port as LAN1, and the remaining ports as LAN2. I have an L2TP VPN instance running on the router that is evidently used by both LAN1 and LAN2. How do I make it such that only the LAN2 ports are on the VPN? If it cannot be done that way, then I'd be more than happy to specify the IP addresses that should not be on the VPN instead of by Ethernet port. Thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I set up Split Tunneling?
2021-06-08 06:47:04

@Luds 

If you have only one VPN router and make it woks as L2TP VPN server, then all the devices in LAN will only go through the WAN port to transmit data by default. The VPN is for devices "out of LAN" to connect.

If there has another VPN Server and you want a particular port connect to this VPN Server, you can set up two WANs, one WAN use VPN dail up connect that server.

Then use Policy Routing to make specific IP connect to specific WAN port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1832

Replies: 1

Related Articles