Factory reset problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Factory reset problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Factory reset problems
Factory reset problems
2021-06-16 05:45:53
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Hi.

After i did a factory reset I cant adopt the access point again due to wrong username/password.

I have tested with admin/admin

Is there another default password on this model? Or is there another way of performing a complete reset than just pressing the reset button and wait for it to blink

Options
4 Reply
Re:Factory reset problems
2021-06-16 07:04:11
Just pressing the reset button won't reset. You need to hold the button for 5 seconds until the light flashes orange then green. And normally, all TP-Link devices use admin/admin as default username&password.
Options
2021-06-16 10:40:37

@Somnus I have tried 5 sec and also longer and the Access point starts blinking but it still don't allow me to login with admin/admin afterwards

Options
2021-06-19 08:14:01
After reset, do you have internet when connecting to EAP's Wi-Fi? Usually you should have internet then. If you failed to log in, what error did you get? You can also try different browsers and different devices.
Options
2021-06-19 18:16:16
I have access to the AccessPoint on the lan so Its possible to connect but I cant login since it says wrong username/password
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 4

Related Articles