vigi nvr1016h & NON Tp-Link Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-19 16:35:31 - last edited 2021-07-19 08:31:50

Hi,

i purchases a vigi nvr1016h to put to replace a box that stopped working.

On my previous box I had it set to record on motion dectection for all cameras. This worked well.

On this TP-Link vigi nvr1016h I cannot get motion detection working at all.

Will the tp-link vigi nvr1016h only work with TP-link vigi cameras for motion detection?

I have 11 camera's working in live view, from 3 different manufacturers, all using onvif.

It will record if using the constant recording mode.

Any help would be appreciated

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:vigi nvr1016h & NON Tp-Link Cameras-Solution
2021-07-08 11:15:38 - last edited 2021-07-19 08:31:50

@Richard0 

After doing some research and experimentation it seems that the TP-Link NVR1016H does not have the ability to detect motion built-in but relies on the camera sending a trigger when the camera itself detect motion.

I got my camera's to trigger the motion (setup within the camera itself) but the NVR just kept recording I could not find anyway to get the recording to be stopped again.

It's NOT the NVR that triggers motion but the camera's, each IP camera (NON TP-Link) will have a webpage you can log into and setup motion detection, providing your camera supports that, one of my cameras does not.

If you have a TP-Link camera you can set the motion with the NVR and also use human detection etc.

I have 11 cameras 2 of which are different to the other 9, the 2 different ones can be recorded in H.265 but the other 9 cannot, so I think this is also reliant on having TP-Link cameras, or at least newer camera's.

It's a shame because my last CCTV NVR was a lot more featured and cost half the price of the TP-Link NVR1016H. My old box actually had motion detection and H.265 encoding built-in, but it died hance the need for a new box.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-12 01:56:21 - last edited 2021-07-19 08:31:53

@Captinmax Great sharing, wonderful really! 

"After doing some research and experimentation it seems that the TP-Link NVR1016H does not have the ability to detect motion built-in but relies on the camera sending a trigger when the camera itself detect motion."

"It's NOT the NVR that triggers motion but the camera's, each IP camera (NON TP-Link) will have a webpage you can log into and setup motion detection, providing your camera supports that, one of my cameras does not."

--->That's correct, all the motion detection are triggered from the camera, not the VIGI NVR, NVR will recording when receiving a notification from camera. So the following is reasonable, I think.

"I have 11 cameras 2 of which are different to the other 9, the 2 different ones can be recorded in H.265 but the other 9 cannot, so I think this is also reliant on having TP-Link cameras, or at least newer camera's."

It's a shame because my last CCTV NVR was a lot more featured and cost half the price of the TP-Link NVR1016H. My old box actually had motion detection and H.265 encoding built-in, but it died hance the need for a new box.

--> I guess that this CCTV NVR has bulit-in motion detection function for video, then this can always work even the camera has no motion detection itself.

Haha
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:vigi nvr1016h & NON Tp-Link Cameras
2021-06-21 10:36:44

@Captinmax 

1. Please make sure you have enabled Motion Detection for your Camera.

2. Please enable Motion Recording on NVR1016H.

Haha
Options
Re:vigi nvr1016h & NON Tp-Link Cameras
2021-07-08 09:50:35

@Haha 

Same issue here, you cant select human detection and sensitivity both are locked out. Also area and line crossing don't work, are they TP specific doesn't mention it on any documentation

Options
2021-07-08 11:15:38 - last edited 2021-07-19 08:31:50

@Richard0 

After doing some research and experimentation it seems that the TP-Link NVR1016H does not have the ability to detect motion built-in but relies on the camera sending a trigger when the camera itself detect motion.

I got my camera's to trigger the motion (setup within the camera itself) but the NVR just kept recording I could not find anyway to get the recording to be stopped again.

It's NOT the NVR that triggers motion but the camera's, each IP camera (NON TP-Link) will have a webpage you can log into and setup motion detection, providing your camera supports that, one of my cameras does not.

If you have a TP-Link camera you can set the motion with the NVR and also use human detection etc.

I have 11 cameras 2 of which are different to the other 9, the 2 different ones can be recorded in H.265 but the other 9 cannot, so I think this is also reliant on having TP-Link cameras, or at least newer camera's.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-12 01:56:21 - last edited 2021-07-19 08:31:53

@Captinmax Great sharing, wonderful really! 

"After doing some research and experimentation it seems that the TP-Link NVR1016H does not have the ability to detect motion built-in but relies on the camera sending a trigger when the camera itself detect motion."

"It's NOT the NVR that triggers motion but the camera's, each IP camera (NON TP-Link) will have a webpage you can log into and setup motion detection, providing your camera supports that, one of my cameras does not."

--->That's correct, all the motion detection are triggered from the camera, not the VIGI NVR, NVR will recording when receiving a notification from camera. So the following is reasonable, I think.

"I have 11 cameras 2 of which are different to the other 9, the 2 different ones can be recorded in H.265 but the other 9 cannot, so I think this is also reliant on having TP-Link cameras, or at least newer camera's."

--> I guess that this CCTV NVR has bulit-in motion detection function for video, then this can always work even the camera has no motion detection itself.

Haha
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2020

Replies: 4

Related Articles