Manual firmware upgrade failure (EAP235-Wall(Canada) v1.0)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-24 11:16:59
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200817 Rel. 37296

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my EAP235-Wall(Canada) v1.0 using my Omada Controller running on Linux.

I downloaded the firmware from: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/eap235-wall/#Firmware. Which I believe is the Canadian version of the firmware.

When using the Omada web admin to install the firmware. At around 8%, it gives me this error: "...upgrade failed: Failed to send upgrade files to the device."

To me, it sounds like a communication error, but the controller has a stable connection to the device.

What else could the issue be?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Manual firmware upgrade failure (EAP235-Wall(Canada) v1.0)
2021-06-25 06:59:06

@smallforward 

From the error information, it seems the device has an unstable connection and disconnected for some reason?

Not quite sure, you may try to upgrade the EAP in standalone mode, forget it on Controller and use the IP address to access the web interface to upgrade it, and then adopt it again. 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Manual firmware upgrade failure (EAP235-Wall(Canada) v1.0)
2021-06-25 14:15:11

@Virgo the connection is stable.

I took your advice and removed them from the controller; login to the EAPs individually; update the firmware. Lastly, adopt them back into the controller.

A few steps, but the firmwares are updated and the devices are working well.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 2