TL-SG3428 V2 Switch and Omada SDN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-26 11:08:39
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I replaced my T2600G-28TS switch with a TL-SG2428 V2.0 because of the compatibility with Omada SDN. Since a data transfer does not work, I transferred the entire configuration by hand. The switch runs for me as a DHCP server with activated IGMP V3.0 snooping and currently regulates 2 VLANs.

Without the connection to Omada, everything runs perfectly as before. If I now activate the connection to Omada, the switch becomes visible as it should be.

If I click on "Adopt", he just doesn't want to connect, despite the correct login data. He constantly reports "Adopt failed" and starts the next attempt. I then deleted the switch and activated support for the cloud controller directly without my config. The connection status goes directly online and it can be successfully connected to Omada. With the config, the status always remains "disabled".

Is it not possible to integrate the switch with the existing configuration into the Omada cloud? 2 T1500 switches and 2 EAP245 APs are currently running in the Omada cloud. The TL-SG3428 is the main switch and network router, the Fritzbox only runs as a VDSL modem and telephone system.

Can the switch be integrated somehow or would I have to completely reconfigure the switch under Omada? That seems to me to be much more difficult than setting it up in advance via your own interface. I hope you can give me a tip.

Thomas

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-SG3428 V2 Switch and Omada SDN
2021-06-26 15:43:25

After hours of configuring and trying out, I had to find out that the switch, as soon as it is integrated in Omada, no longer has all the options available as in the original interface. E.g. For me, an important feature from the DHCP area is no longer available, namely the manual binding of a MAC address to a fixed IP address.

With the current Omada OC200 firmware, it actually does not seem possible to integrate a fully configured switch such as the TL-SG3428 in Omada. It either ends up in an infinite loop of connection attempts, or it ends with the configuration deleted.

There is still a lot of work to do and work to really map all the features of your own network hardware in Omada.

I hope then for the upcoming updates for Omada and the switches, so that the hardware can be fully used and administered.

PS: Sorry for my English. Since it's not my mother tongue, I used Google Translate. I hope you can understand everything. :)

Options
2021-06-27 09:43:57

Oh crap, I just saw the post landed in the wrong section of the forum ... I'll link it in the correct section.

Options
2021-06-29 08:30:42

@Palm_Maniac 

There are still many functions that not supported on Controller… Here is the comparison,

What is the function we can configure when the switch is managed by Omada SDN Controller?

On Controller, we can set static IP for your devices according to MAC, but it only works when gateway is the DHCP server.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-06-29 08:44:11

@Virgo 

Hello, many thanks for the answer.

The function is of course grayed out for me. You can also set up the switch as a gateway. Is that enough, or does Omada necessarily require the external gateway for this? Will Omada get the functions of standalone operation at some point? Is this on the to-do list or will it only work for my gateway router like the TL-R605?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1077

Replies: 4