Can't connect to admin page via either IP address or Omada app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-03 17:48:33
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

I've just purchases an EAP110-Outdoor to provide internet access to my 2.4GHz IoT devices outdoors.  As the AP is for my house in Spain, I purchased it from amazon.es and a label on the box suggests it originated from TP-Link Deutschland.  

For the life of me, I cannot connect to the admin panel to configure it.

The AP is up and running and the LED is solid green.  I can connect to the default SSID via wifi and access the internet (not sure how - see below!).

However, if I check my router and search for it's IP address, the AP does not show up so I cannot find the IP address to connect to. 

I have downloaded the Omada controller app onto my iPad, connected to the AP SSID and again can access the internet but when I click on 'standalone AP's' it states 'No EAP's found in the LAN'.

I have connected the AP to the router both via a TP-Link 8 port switch and direct to the router (Draytek 2862ac running latest firmware, 3.9.6.1_STD).

I have tried factory resetting both the AP and the PoE injector, still same issue.

Having already tested both ethernet cables with a cable tester, I have swapped both cables with know working cables, still same issue.

So my main question is how on earth do I connect to the admin page if I cannot find the AP's IP address and the Omada app won't find the AP either?

And my secondary question is how on earth can I connect to the internet via the AP if the router doesn't have an IP address for it to enable routing?

Any assistance much appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to admin page via either IP address or Omada app
2021-07-05 08:06:54
You can connect to EAP's Wi-Fi and try tplinkeap.net. If it doesn't work, you can also try its static IP 192.168.0.254. In this case, you need to disconnect the router, and plug a laptop directly to the LAN port of POE injector. Assign a static IP 192.168.0.x for your laptop, make it in the same subnet as EAP, then login to 192.168.0.254. If it still fails to login, ping 192.168.0.254 to check the connectivity between the laptop and the EAP.
Options
Re:Can't connect to admin page via either IP address or Omada app
2021-07-05 16:07:52 - last edited 2021-07-05 18:22:49

@Somnus 

Thanks for the response. 

I tried using tplinkeap.net first but it didn't work.  I also tried direct connect and that didn't work either but I had forgotten to set laptop IP address to the same subnet so many thanks for that hint.  

Via the laptop and a direct connection, I have finally managed to connect to the EAP110 and have managed to change the SSID and add a password :-).  However I have no internet connection this way so cannot check if firmware is up to date (I think iwas dated 202005xx?).

Have removed the cable from laptop and put it into switch instead and have connected another laptop to the new SSID with no problem and can access the internet with it. 

Howver there is still no entry in the routers DHCP so I still cannot connect via IP address.  And I have connected my iPad to the new SSID and the Omada app still doesn't find the EAP110 either.

One thing that may be relevant is that my internet connection is via a WAN link to the ISP (not ADSL/VDSL) and I have a double NAT scenario e.g. I don't have a public IP address here but instead at the ISP so, to create a working VPN to my system in UK I have had to set it up to dial out from here in Spain back to the UK (that has worked fine for about 2 years).  Might this explain why connecting to tplinkeap.net does not work here? 

I need the ability to administer all my devices via IP address (over VPN from UK) so I cannot put up with having a device that I can only connect to with either an iPad connected via the same SSID or by direct physical connection to a laptop!  Certainly not when I am back in UK!  

So do you have any idea why I cannot find the EAP110's IP address in my router?  

What can I do to solve my problem?

I can connect from here in Spain to my Ubiquiti AC Pro AP's in UK via IP address with no problem.  If I can't do the same with this EAP110, it will have to go back to amazon.es!

UPDATE:  Oops, thinking about it, I don't connect directly to my Ubiquiti AP's, I connect to the Ubiquiti Controller.  Do I need to buy an OC200 (i don't normally have a PC running 24/7 in Spain)?  Will this then allow me to acess and monitor the EAP110 remotely? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2857

Replies: 2

Related Articles