TL-R600VPN ROUTER can't allow access to LTP2 work VPN from my windows PC.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-05 10:14:04 - last edited 2021-07-06 07:54:53
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: TL-R600VPN(UN)_v4_4.0.4 Build 20200313

Hi,

I recently purchased a TL-R600VPN router but my laptop can't connect to my work VPN LTP2. I copy all configuration from my previous router TL-WR810N (non gigabit) but new TL-R600VPN blocked me on windows when a try to connect to the same VPN configuration that was working well with the TL-WR810N. No modification was made to VPN configuration under windows !!.

Troubleshooting steps (with my windows client connected directly to router by DHCP :

1) Turned off my firewall (failed again !!! because router is behind firewall)

2) Connect client PC directly to firewall (the VPN WORKS !!!)

3) If I bypass the router and plug into directly to ISP WAN connection (vodafone modem) the VPN works !!! (my device chain modem->firewall->router TPLINK)

4) If I subsitute new tplink router with the old one (the VPN WORKS !!!). No different configuration where added in the new router compared to the old.

The questions are right now:

* Is this a bug of the new FW version V4. I have to downgrade to V3 to solve the problem ? Anyone had my same problem ?

There are settings to allow VPN traffic through the router (L2TP) and they are all set to allow traffic through ?

Any suggestions?

Please help me to solve this issue. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN ROUTER can't allow access to LTP2 work VPN from my windows PC.
2021-07-07 08:57:47

@Emanuele76 

How did you copy the configuration from TL-WR810N to R600? The former is a home router, while the latter is a business router. Not sure if their mechanisms are the same. But I suggest you can follow the FAQ to reconfigure L2TP on R600:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2158/

This link can help you do troubleshooting:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3044/

BTW, I noticed your device chain is modem->firewall->router TPLINK, so you have double NAT? If so, you need to open a port for TP router on your firewall.

Options
Re:TL-R600VPN ROUTER can't allow access to LTP2 work VPN from my windows PC.
2021-07-09 12:50:05

@Somnus 

I have solved the problem finally; it wasn't enabled options ALG ( Application Layer Gateway) to router. One enabled all options inside section it started to allow access to VPN.

All options must be enable in the NAT section of the router under Transmission > NAT > ALG.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 2

Related Articles