Votes

Router/Gateway DHCP by MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-05 14:59:45 - last edited 2021-07-05 15:09:18

If gateway is controlled by Omada SDN Controller, please add possibility to specify IP address for a devices by MAC without connection of device and setting Fixed IP. It is common for all routers with DHCP server.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router/Gateway DHCP by MAC
2021-07-06 10:21:51
Do you want to do address reservation for a certain device? You can click on that device and to go Config-->Use Fixed IP Address. For switch or EAP, it is under Config-->IP Settings.
Options
2021-07-08 05:01:10

@Somnus I know this method, but for this I have to connect device to the network and after it gets random IP address, I can set a fixed IP and have to reboot it to get new fixed IP. I would like a normal table (like most of routers have) with Device MAC Address and Fixed IP address for this MAC. This has 2 advantage. You have an overview of all Fixed DHCP addresses and you can specify IP address without necessity of connecting and restarting device.

Options
2021-07-09 08:16:43
The controller doesn't support this, but it is supported in standalone. I guess on controller it will be supported in next version.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 451

Replies: 3

Voters 1