Movie Streaming Home Network(offline) with Jellyfin

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-05 18:29:51 - last edited 2021-07-06 02:19:31
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: v3

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a low-cost/resources movie streaming network without the use of internet. I have a EAP110-Outdoor and connected it to my laptop. I was able to setup the AP with my laptop but then if connect my phone or any device to the AP it has an error like that it hasn't have a valid IP or no assigned IP. And so I manually assigned the IP on my phone and I was able to connect to the AP but can't connect to my jellyfin server. I just wanted to use the laptop and AP for the whole network without using any router. Ethernet cable connecting the AP and the Laptop with jellyfin server running on it.

1) Is there a workaround for the AP to automatically assigned IP addresses to the clients without connecting the AP to a router, or do i have to run some dhcp server software on my laptop?

2) And how can I make the connected client connect to my jellyfin server?

3) Or do i really need to connect both laptop and the AP to a router/switch?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Movie Streaming Home Network(offline) with Jellyfin
2021-07-06 08:11:06
EAP is just an access point. In my opinion, all access points don't have DHCP unless they have other working modes that support DHCP. But EAP just has access point mode. To achieve what you want, I think you can add a router, and you don't need to connect the router to the internet, just use it as a DHCP server. A router can resolve all issues. Why not?
Options
2021-07-24 17:13:35

@Somnus Hello thank you. I have resolved this. now I need to change the IP into a hostname.

Options
2021-09-20 10:21:35 - last edited 2021-09-20 10:22:11

@yeng Thank you for sharing https://cinemahdplus.com/ Cinema HD a great app

Options
2021-09-22 08:41:56 - last edited 2021-09-23 07:51:56

Thank you for sharing. You can experience rokkr app, an application to watch TV and dramas that you will enjoy.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1640

Replies: 4