Force specific device/switch port as Uplink in Topology view?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-11 17:38:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my home network with Omada equipment and enjoying it so far. The setup isn't complex consisting of two EAP225's, SG2210P switch and OC200 hardware controller to handle roaming. I am however unable to use a router from Omada series as TP-Link doesn't have LTE products in that lineup - hence my router is Mikrotik unit handling DHCP, site-to-site VPN and all that.

While everything is mostly okay, I noticed Topology view shows the router as a Client - not uplink. "agate" is the router:

Similarly, switch properties don't show Port1 as an Uplink port:

While I understand this might be expected as the router is from the different manufacturer, I think that experience could be improved.

As all devices obtain IP configuration from the same router, that looks like an extra condition of "if device's IP address equals default gateway, this is an Uplink port rather than Client".

I would accept the lack of the 3rd party router statistics, configuration, and other Omada's bells&whistles, I'd just prefer to have Topology view representing an actual topology.

If that is something that could be considered for future controller software builds I'd greatly appreciate it. I think this will also benefit other customers who are unable to use Omada gateway in their setup for various reasons.

Or, if I am missing something and there is a hidden option to correct the topology view forcing a particular client to be an Uplink please do let me know.

Thanks,

Vlad

Options