Access Point WiFi schedule failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-12 00:04:52

Hi, we're running the most recent Windows controller version 4.4.3 and using the WiFi schedule function where radios are only on during certain hours of the day.  It works well except after a day or so, the radios are turned off when they are not supposed to and the only way to get them working again is to quit the Omada Contoller and start it up again.  When I do this, I don't need to go change any settings or turn the radio on manually.  So it seems like the controller is crashing.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a workaround?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Point WiFi schedule failing
2021-07-13 07:45:00

@Hammer8 

How did you set the Wi-Fi schedule? When the radios were off, would it be 1 hour ahead of the schedule or 1 hour after the schedule? If so, I guess it is because of daylight saving time. You can check update your EAP.

Options
2021-07-13 13:15:34

@Somnus I use the WLAN feature...and now that you mention it, the AP's do turn off an hour before they are supposed to so perhaps it is an DST issue?  My confusion might be where should I set the DST settings...right now, I have set them on the Controller Page (eg., enabled).  Should I also enable on the Site page?  What is the difference?  My controller only controls one site.  If I have enabled on Controller, should I disable on Site?

Options
2021-07-13 23:55:35

Hammer8 wrote

@Somnus I use the WLAN feature...and now that you mention it, the AP's do turn off an hour before they are supposed to so perhaps it is an DST issue?  My confusion might be where should I set the DST settings...right now, I have set them on the Controller Page (eg., enabled).  Should I also enable on the Site page?  What is the difference?  My controller only controls one site.  If I have enabled on Controller, should I disable on Site?

@Hammer8 Hi, tonight, it turned off 10 minutes before it was supposed to so not an hour off due to DST issue...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 3

Related Articles