How to switch EAP to US mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-21 21:11:52
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

how do you switch the european model EAP245 to US? They have different limitations regarding power of wifi TX. I assume the hardware is identical.

So is it as easy as flashing the US firmware? Or an admin menu somewhere?

Thank you.

Alex

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to switch EAP to US mode?
2021-07-22 07:13:07

@AleXSR700 

Put in the US firmware version into the EU hardware may get the error "invalid file", there has a preset limit for the firmware of different versions.

And it is also against the local-related wireless protocols and regulations. Maybe it is not under the warranty if using different firmware for specific country version.

Options
2021-07-22 09:11:38

@John1234 

I guess it depends if the EU version is EU hardware version or if they are the same hardware. If the hardware is different, then a different firmware may be useless.

If the hardware is the same, then I might as well change the region.

Does anybody know if the hardware is identical?

Options
2021-10-17 16:01:10

@AleXSR700 

Для прошивки точки доступа с изминением региона, нужна специальная техническая прошивка. Она обнуляет данные, после этого можно прошивать прошивкой с нужным регионом. Но такой прошивки нет в свободном доступе. Я сам ищу ее, чтобы перейти в US

To flash an access point with a region change, you need a special technical firmware. It resets the data, then you can flash the firmware with the desired region. But there is no such firmware in the public domain. I'm looking for her myself to switch to US
Options
2021-10-18 01:22:03

@AleXSR700 

How do we get this magic firmware, via a support ticket?

I need to go other way eap245 from US to non US region, it seems they sell the US region device into  NZ/AUS which is rubbish.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1378

Replies: 4

Related Articles