TL-R470T+ Failover switching too slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 07:05:32 - last edited 2021-07-22 11:07:58
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello there! I was just curious if anyone knew how to adjust the failover delay on TL-R470T+

Failover is working, but it takes about 20s to switch over to the backup. That's still too long for me. This was the main reason I bought this. I needed internet that never cut off. I have both on load balancing, but failover is fine too, as long as it doesn't disconnect.

Does anyone have any idea? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ Failover switching too slow
2021-07-23 06:46:08

@Slepe  The Delay for Failover may be related to the hardware performance of the router itself. On the management page and the related firmware version didn't see any option or note that can improve the delay.

If you want to keep internet online all the time, turn off the Failover and enable the Load Balance may help. This is to make two WANs online.

Options
Re:TL-R470T+ Failover switching too slow
2021-07-26 16:04:22

@John1234 Hello there! Thanks for the answer.

That's unfortunate that there's no way to adjust it. the delay(20s) is consistent, so I was thinking there was a way to adjust it.

Failover is already of and load balancing is already on, it didn't help.

Do you have any idea if other routers have that functionality from tplink? I don't mind buying another if I have to

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 2

Related Articles