Connection/configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection/configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection/configuration
Connection/configuration
2021-07-22 18:49:03 - last edited 2021-07-23 00:57:01
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone. I have an edgerouter 4 , which ive setup with the standard setup settings.

What im attempting to do is connect my access point to the edger router on eth 2 using public ip address ( 173's) . 

So first would be, what would be the best wy to configure my router with the additional ips ?. Then how would i setup the access point to the router ?

Thank you in advance , help is greatly appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection/configuration
2021-07-23 08:15:19

@franco65 

Simply, if you want to make the EAP using the Public IP address from your internet service provider, you can disable the DHCP function on the Edgerouter-4, which is similar working in the "Bridge Mode".

But the problem is, public can only supply only one signal device with internet access, the EAP225-wall is just an access point and it has no DHCP function. 

For example, if you connect the PC to the modem directly, the PC will get a public address and have internet. If you connect the switch back to the modem, and connect two PCs on the switch, then only one PC can get the public IP address to join the internet.

And that is the reason why the network need a router, to working as DHCP and NAT. With the DHCP and NAT, all the clients in LAN will be assigned IP address.

If you want the EAp225-wall use the public IP address, I am afraid that the clients connect to EAP cannot work properly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Related Articles