TL-R605 Adopt Failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 Adopt Failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R605 Adopt Failed
TL-R605 Adopt Failed
2021-07-23 09:00:52 - last edited 2021-07-23 09:02:03
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I had some issues a few weeks ago(4 or so), when the Dashboard showed that the R605 "Adopt Failed". I tried to readopt, but it asked for a password that i either did not remember or i just don't know. I tried dozens of passwords i normally use, but neither of them worked.

I didn't want to reset the router, because i didn't have the time to set it all up the way it was.

Then, we had a power outage in the neighborhood. When i logged in the dashboard afterwards, i noticed that all devices were adopted again, including the R605.

That was terrific news. It showed a firmware update icon, but i didn't want to update yet. Then i logged in this morning and saw the "Adopt Failed'' notice again. Readopt doesn't work, because i have to use the username and password again.

Why does this happen? I took a look at the download page for firmware, but i already use the latest firmware. Why did the dashboard show a "new firmware" icon?

Anyone else with similar issues?

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-R605 Adopt Failed
2021-07-23 12:24:27

@Nicap  I think, but take it as my speculation, that the password is the password that the omada controller forces on devices when you adopt them.

you can find that password in the settings of the controller, last block "Device Account"  (or so is in my 4.3.5 oc200 ).
please share your controller  and router firmware version so that the community could help you.

Options
2021-07-23 21:12:35

@EZL

I'm running 4.3.5 on the omada controller and the router has 1.0.1

I can't check what you suggested, because we are on a weekend break. But I will check it Monday.

Options
2021-07-26 03:10:16

@Nicap 

The Username and Password is on the "Setting--Site--Device Account", you can try to use this username and password to adopt the ER605.

Also you can try to power off ER605 and your controller, then power on back to check if the ER605 will adopt automatically.

As for the firmware update note, the current firmware(1.0.1) you have is the latest one, another new firmware (1.1.0) will come out soon and not release on the website yet, so there is a little notification on the controller but fail to upgrade.

All make sure all the devices are in the same subnet as 192.168.0.x.

Options
2021-07-26 10:46:56 - last edited 2021-07-28 11:52:05

@John1234 

Tnx,

i tried the username and password @ Settings, Site, Device Account, but it still notifies that the account/password are not correct.

Maybe the issue is that i got all devices in the 196.168.1.x range.

I will try the power off method when my daughter is away...

A power off worked. It's adapted again. But i still get the message that there's a new firmware. I won't upgrade, as i know the latest firmware was withdrawn.

Options
2022-01-15 00:58:01

@Nicap 

Idk if you got it working.  But I just purchased the unit.  I ended up having to reset the unit. After updating the firmware on the 605. Then adoption went without a hitch.  AFTER it was all configured I set it too my desired ip and dhcp range.

Them I restarted the OC200. Once it grabed a new ip I was able to configure devices like normal using cloud. 

Hope this helps.

Sucks I had to setup my redundant Wan and ratios and fail over. Buutt guess silver lining is I can use control now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2604

Replies: 5