Whats the Network Best Practice to maximize my Omada Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-23 14:59:30 - last edited 2021-07-23 15:01:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

My name is JP and I would like to ask for your support. I recently updated my network by purchasing TP-Link Gateway, Switch and EAPs. Our house is designed to have 3 individual units, my parents, mine and my brother's. My parents have their own Fibr Internet connection where my brother's internet connection comes from, I have my own internet in my unit. My target is to get access to the Lorex NVR CCTV which is connected at my parents house, it has 8 IP Cameras. 

I would like to ask how to setup our network and ER605. I have attached a diagram on our current setup. I have been searchng YouTube and I found no guide on how to setup my network. 

I hope you could help me on this. Thank you in advance. 

Connected Via LAN

Connected via VPN

Options
2 Reply
Re:Whats the Network Best Practice to maximize my Omada Network
2021-07-26 03:35:22

@PiLYo1 

I think that that the VPN is a good choice for you. If you use "Connected Via LAN", you will see that Router 1 and Router 2 are connecting to the same switch. Due to two different NAT and DHCP functions, the devices in  LAN1 cannot connect to the device in LAN2.

As for the VPN, there have two kinds of scenes to be used. One is LAN to LAN, another one is Client to LAN. 

LAN to LAN can make devices in two LANs talk to each other, and the Client to LAN can only make the VPN Client talk to VPN Server.

I see that TP-Link website has the instruction on how to set up the PPTP Server. As well as how to set up LAN to LAN VPN on two routers.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3026/

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/411/

Options
Re:Whats the Network Best Practice to maximize my Omada Network
2021-08-05 13:40:19

@John1234 

hi John. Thanks for this. It's a big help :) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1609

Replies: 2