Unable to connect to ISP some times.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-29 10:40:35
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

Problem:

Some times on a restart of the router I am unable to connect to ISP(ACT). I Tried with PPPoE(entered the correct usr name and passwd) & Dynamic IP methods.

When I checked the system log it shows the following msg in the case of the PPPoE

WAN1: PPPoE sending PADI timeout.

and in the case of dynamic IP the below msg is continually printed.

DHCP Server allocated IP address 192.168.0.194 for the client[MAC: c0:06:c3:16:30:e2].

Current Manual Solution:
Pull out the wan cable from the router and connect it to a laptop directly, here it is able to connect and lets you authenticate (so I enter the usr name and passwd) and I put back this cable to router and now it connects with out any issue, this is how I am coming out of this problem and use my setup. This problem may again show up in the next restart of the router.

Looks like there is some issue in authentication of the load balance router. Can you pls suggest a way out of this hassle?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to ISP some times.
2021-07-30 06:35:30

@chidipothu

After you reboot the router, you can log in the Web UI of the router, go to "Status--System Status“ and check if the WAN port still have the WAN IP address, also check the status is linkup or link down.

If there has an IP address, you can change the DNS Server on the router to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

When you don't connect the cable to your computer to fill in the username and password, can the router recover the internet automatically?

Try to do a Ping test on the PC, Ping the IP address of the router, Ping 8.8.8.8, and Ping the WAN IP address on the router's Web UI.

Options
2021-07-30 06:37:36

@John1234 Also you can do a MAC Clone, go to "Network--MAC--MAC Clone", click on Clone Current PC's MAC on the WAN port.

Options
2021-07-30 09:40:17

@John1234 Thanks for your response. 🙏🏿

I tried the MAC cloning suggestion and it seems to work out, wil try a few more times over this week and the next and report the status.

Options
2021-08-04 00:07:48

@John1234  I tried both the MAC clone and the DNS method. They are NOT working. Still I've to go through below manual solution to get it up and running.

Current Manual Solution:
Pull out the wan cable from the router and connect it to a laptop directly, here it is able to connect and lets you authenticate (so I enter the usr name and passwd) and I put back this cable to router and now it connects with out any issue, this is how I am coming out of this problem and use my setup. This problem may again show up in the next restart of the router.

Pls let me know if there is anything that you would like me to try.

Options
2021-08-19 11:35:31

@John1234 for the same setting now it is going through fine consisternly since about two weeks. Thank you. Appreciate you help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 5

Related Articles