Do I choose AP or Bridge or extend to share wireless across street into building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Do I choose AP or Bridge or extend to share wireless across street into building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 09:55:22 - last edited 2021-08-09 05:43:12
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am a very newbie so I apologize.

I have tried understanding what I should do but my tech knowledge is not the best.

Basically I bought two cpes 210 a few months ago to be able to access internet from one house to another about 30m away. I have only one router that came from the isp, so no switch or modems.

The two houses face each other with the exception the main house is on a hill and looks down on the other.

I tried looking at 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2090/ to know what kind of setup would work best,and I think maybe just a AP router (number 5 in the FAQ) ? Or should i be using a bridge or repeater?

The area is not dense with houses.

If it is a AP router, do i need to plug the power thing with the 2 ports into the router of the isp (the image on the FAQ says modem and I dont have a modem) and then into the pharos, or just the pharos?

Sorry for the dumb questions,I have tried the information but I am a bit out of my league, by cons I am able to connect it to my computer to configure but again I dont know what to select

Thank you in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 0