No DHCP address assigned / no Internet for some of devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 07:03:11 - last edited 2021-08-10 07:05:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hi all,

Just bought that one and fighting with DHCP since 2 days already.

Did some updates to factory config: LAN: 192.168.1.0/24, DHCP: 1.10 --> 1.199

Wireless devices are connected via EAP245 - remaining under the same network as router LAN.

Observations and issue:

- all wired devices works perfectly

- some of wireless devices (exotic onces, like Samsung TV) - also works without issues: have IP granted by DHCP, are visible on the list of DHCP clients and have routing to WAN/Internet.

However: 

- majority of wireless devices (i.,e. all Androids, but also iPad) looks like they are granted with IP (which I can see on the device), but are NOT visible on router on the list of DHCP clients and have no access to Internet (you can read "Connected, no Internet") on each device.

Firmware just updated with the recent one- just released - thought it will help - but unfortunately no improvements observed.

When replace back with my old router (Linksys) with the same LAN & DHCP config - all works perfectly.

Is it DHCP issue or something else???

Thanks in advance for any hints (got out of ideas already).

Regards

T

Options
8 Reply
Re:No DHCP address assigned / no Internet for some of devices?
2021-08-11 07:26:30

@Bambosz 

Try rebooting everything(ER605, EA245, as well as Android devices and iPad). Will you still have this issue?

Options
2021-08-11 08:19:11

Hello,

Yes, I'm afraid it is still the same, despite the resetting and/or switching everything off/on.

The most frustrating is that all "exotic" devices like mentioned Samsung TV with Tizen - all  works perfectly.

But all Androids (Samsung A70, 2 x Xiaomi phones and Huawey tablet), and also my IOS/Ipad - still not, only: "connected, no Internet"

My recent observation: they do not even get IP granted from DHCP pool. Just changed the pool from 1.100  to 1.199, while my phone still shows 1.78 (outside DHCP now).

I would say something wrong with the phone, but (again), when I replace back with my old Linksys - all these devices works perfectly.

Either this is something very sophisticated or I still miss a simple thing here?!?

Rgrds.

Options
2021-08-11 08:38:28 - last edited 2021-08-11 08:42:20

@Bambosz 

Try to disable DNS from router, I don't think dns from router work very good.

Set gateway and DNS server manualy on interface.

I have many of them in Omada SDN controller and Stand alone and have not this issue

Options
2021-08-11 08:39:05 - last edited 2021-08-11 08:42:13

@shberge 

But the phone even didn't get IP from the DHCP range. Don't know why.

@Bambosz 

Are you still running your Linksys router? Does it broadcast Wi-Fi? Make sure you connect to the correct EAP'S Wi-Fi. Or just reset the EAP to factory setting and do not configure password for it. Test if those devices can connect to the default SSID and get internet.

Options
2021-08-11 08:47:52

@Somnus 

Have you Address Resevation delete all Reservation and restart everything.

There have been a lot of issue with this, what status is now on this I dont know,

Options
2021-08-11 08:50:35

@Bambosz should check this. I'm just warm-hearted user, lol

Options
2021-08-11 09:30:47

Thanks guys for your readiness for help :-)

So far:

- Linksys has WiFi disabled since long time (as it was working since months with EAP245.
- both routers have exactly the same config: IP address, DHCP pool

My network is also very simple:
- router and AP both have static IP taken from the same network (can see each other via ping - checked) 
- both are connected to TP-Link switch (TL-SG108) - hope this one is transparent - does not create any mess here?

As far as DHCP is concerned on ER605 according to your last remarks:
- DHCP reservation pool - completely cleaned
- neither Gateway nor DNS are provided for DHCP pool.

No progress however (still no IP granted to Android or IOS) contnue investigating...
At least my Samsung TV is getting IP from DHCP, so I can always switch to Netflix since run out of ideas... wink

Regards

Options
2021-08-11 10:28:55

Just found the issue. Ufff...

Completely my fault - sorry for taking your time.

It was my old Linksys which was having the WiFI enabled -the same SSID as my EAP (even if I was sure I disabled it).

Anyway, as I was working physically closer to it (then to EAP245) my mobile devices (I had with me) were connecting to it as the signal was stronger.

While all my "exotic" (stationary devices) are physically much closed to the EAP - thus were connecting to it, having the Internet access.

Just switched it completely off and... suddenly all became clear and simple...

I know, stupid mistake, but took me few days to discover.

Thus reporting to make the rest aware / warned.

Thanks

Topic to be closed then,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1221

Replies: 8

Related Articles