CPE710 VLANs

CPE710 VLANs
CPE710 VLANs
2021-08-13 20:17:26
Model: CPE710
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20201208 Rel. 38063 (5553)

Setting up CPE710, have 2 CPE710. one running in AP mode and the other in Client mode. My use case is the following.

Need the 2 CPE701 to connect to each other (done and working).

Need to send multiple VLAN traffice over the wireless bridge. So both CPE's will be connected to switch ports (trunk mode with vlans 10,11,12 presented on both sides).

How do I setup the CPE's to send all the tagged vlan traffic across the bridge created between the two CPE710's (Do I need to setup a different mode on the CPE's?)

I tried to add different SSID on different VLAN's but that wont accomplish what I need, as I can only connect the client device to one SSID.

Thanks

Sarvjit

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE710 VLANs
2021-08-18 08:30:39

@sssp 

The latest firmware fixed the VLAN issue. But I think it doesn't support SSID VLANs. You can try to set only one SSID, and I think the CPE-AP will transfer the packets with VLAN tags.

Options
Re:CPE710 VLANs
2021-08-23 01:25:31

Dear @sssp,

sssp wrote

Setting up CPE710, have 2 CPE710. one running in AP mode and the other in Client mode. My use case is the following.

Need the 2 CPE701 to connect to each other (done and working).

Need to send multiple VLAN traffice over the wireless bridge. So both CPE's will be connected to switch ports (trunk mode with vlans 10,11,12 presented on both sides).

How do I setup the CPE's to send all the tagged vlan traffic across the bridge created between the two CPE710's (Do I need to setup a different mode on the CPE's?)

Please disable Multi-SSID on the CPE AP so that the CPE bridge can pass through VLAN tagged packets.

There are no special and additional settings needed on the Pharos CPE, just configure one as AP mode, the other as Client mode:

CPE AP: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/730/

CPE Client: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/727/

Setup topology:

Switch #1 (Tag VLANs)------- CPE AP )))((( CPE Client -------(Tag VLANs) Switch #2

Note:

The CPE wireless bridge can be taken as an Ethernet cable, please ensure the switch ports connecting to the two CPEs are tagged.

And ensure that both CPE710s are running with the latest firmware.

Best Regards!
Options