TL er-6120 crash when multiple users connect at the same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 13:29:44
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Latest

Hey guys

Every morning at the office when 15-20 people connect to the internet, no matter using wifi or cable, internet crashes for 10mins. Then the speed is okay.

During the day we have got few more little crashes several time. 

Also sometimes we lost speed by no reason and it runs very slow. After restart the router everything is okay.

I realize when i turn off some attack defence checkbox, the internet is going better but still we've got some crashes.

ISP says that their signal is okay. I think our swittches are okay. It is just this router. 

The speed is 500mbps which should be enough for that amount of people. 

Can somebody help me with this?

Best regards.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL er-6120 crash when multiple users connect at the same time
2021-08-17 02:28:15

@Evgeni 

Try connecting a laptop directly to the router when the internet crashes. Check if you can still log in to the router's web management page and if you can still get an WAN IP address on the system status page. If there is a WAN IP, try to change the DNS to Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

If no WAN IP, you have to test the connection between modem and TP-Link router. Connecting the laptop directly to the modem via the same cable that used to connect the router.

If the modem is fine at that moment, try to clone the MAC address of the laptop to the router.

BTW, any advanced features you configured? Try to disable them, only remain basic network connection.

Options
Re:TL er-6120 crash when multiple users connect at the same time
2021-09-21 06:51:11

I fixed the problem and it is something weird though.

I decide the router probably "thinks" this is some kind of attack when many users connect. And I just start disable attack defense options. I disable two options week by week and finally when I turn off

• Block TCP packets with SYN and FIN Bits set

• Block TCP packets with FIN Bit set but no ACK Bit set

everything goes well. 

It is fine now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 2

Related Articles