Wirelessly updating TL-SG108PE switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-22 15:02:02 - last edited 2021-08-23 00:55:46
Model: TL-SG1008PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20191204 Rel.71847

I have my tl-SG108PE switch in my barn.  It is connected wirelessly to my network via two EAP-225 access points.  The access point on the barn is powered by the barn switch.

When I go to upgrade the switch firmware the software requires a reboot.  The switch never recovers from this reboot.  If I power cycle the switch it will come back up no problems.  I also found that if I power the wifi access point with a stand alone POE injector, then it will reboot as well and allow for a firmware update.  However the entire reason I went with a POE switch is so that I don't have to have a stand alone POE injector.

Is there a POE switch from TP-Link that will allow this to work?  I'm looking at the TP-Link TL-SG2008P as it can be managed via SDN, which I already use for all my access points.

If I use this switch can I upgrade the firmware wirelessly or will it suffer the same fate?

thanks

I also sent the query to Support, if I hear back anything I'll post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 0