EAP web admin app not responsive.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 22:07:27
Model: EAP265 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Given:

TL-SG3428MP --- TL-SG3452
            --- EAP625 (x5)  

I am on a different subnet, 192.168.10.x, than the hardware in diagram, 192.168.15.x.

The web admin of the TL-SG3452 is reachable. The EAP's respond to ping & show as live and connected on the 3428MP.

When I put IP addresses of the EAPs in the web browser, they are non-responsive: "This page isn't working." SSH returns connection refused. Guessing SSH is off by default.

All of this equipment is new out of the box except the 3428MP, which was adopted by an Omada controller, but nothing more than that.

Do I have to be on same subnet to reach EAP?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP web admin app not responsive.
2021-08-24 06:15:51
Is your device connected to the same router as EAP or not? Normally, if two devices are in different subnets but want to talk to each other, you need to configure port forwarding(across internet) or static routing(across LAN). Which is your situation?
Options
2021-08-24 11:33:39

@Somnus My PC is not on the same subnet. I am at another site connected via VPN via 2 routers, i.e. site to site. The TL-SG3428MP is plugged into the router. The TL-SG3452 and EAPs are plugged into the TL-SG3428MP. The web admin on the TL-SG3452 works. The web admin on the EAPs are non-responsive. They do respond to ping.

Options
2021-08-24 18:26:39

@Jehu I found the problem. I was able to get someone to plug into the network at the new site. Apparently, you do have to be on the same subnet. Kind of inconvenient.

I don't think the switch or router is blocking access as I can reach the 48 port switch web admin just fine. They adopted into the Omada controller fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 3

Related Articles