Feature Request for Load Balancing in case of a Poor Performing Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 17:44:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20210512 Rel.47886

Hello Community ,

I have a question/Feature Request.

Er605 works fine in case of Link Failures / Load Balancing and very nicely shares bandwidth across WAN Links. 

However, 

What to do if a Link is poorly performing , but not failing and giving packet Losses.

I observed this in my Router when I suddenly saw that I am getting packet losses . Upon investigating each link separately , I found out that one of the link was giving out considerable packet losses.

This impacted the Overall Internet Performance as I think , it was not failing over to a link as the link was still up but not performing well, Load Balancing was sending half of the packets to this faulty link as well resulting in Overall Bad Internet .

How can this Router Detect a bad performing link and switch to secondary completely until it senses the primary is performing optimally .

Please let me know how can I achieve this if available , or else I would like to put in a Feature Request for this

Thanks

@iVaibhav 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request for Load Balancing in case of a Poor Performing Link
2021-08-31 10:22:35

Does anyone has an answer to this ?

Options