Adopt EAP from Cloud Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-31 20:04:16
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've installed a controller in the cloud using a docker container - a long time ago. 

Version of the controller is 3.2.6

I needed to add two new APs but they are not detected on the controller - I've used an old version of the controller on my local computer (same network) and of course they were available for adoption. 

I don't really remember how I did so that my access point ended in my cloud controller - as far as I can remember I've used the local controller to do my configuration then "migrated" to my cloud controller. 

Now is it possible to adopt directly on the cloud controller eventhough it's (obviously) not on the same network since it's hosted on the internet ? 

Using Unifi I can SSH and adopt using a command line and specify my controller IP address. Can we do the same using Omada EAP ? Can't remember...

Thanks for your help 

Michael 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Adopt EAP from Cloud Controller
2021-09-01 07:44:07

@MichaelJTDesign 

Hey,

What's the hardware and firmware versions of your new AP's? You should check if they are compatible with the old controller.

It seems you are trying to adopt EAP across the internet, you can refer to this FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2763/

Hope it helps!

Options
2021-09-01 07:48:33

@Somnus Thanks for the replay - will the option 138 in DHCP - I think this is how I did it last time but since the router has been changed since...

Options
2021-09-02 07:27:28

@Madmaiike 

If you are more familiar with DHCP option 138, they also have an FAQ about this:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2764/

Hope it helps!

Options