Setting up a site while the other system is still running???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-31 20:23:39

I'm trying to make a quick switch between the system that is running at my friends office.  Can a person have it fully operational when ready for it?

I will have the OC200 controller, ER605 router, TL-SG3428MP switch, plus some EAP 225s. 

Is there an easy way to do it by connecting to the internet there?  How can I not affect the existing router?  I've not done a switch like this before, so I thought I'd see if anyone has tried it before? 

Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Setting up a site while the other system is still running???
2021-09-01 03:52:58

@ingeborgdot 

Do you want to move all Omada devices you mentioned from your friend's office to a new site? What do you mean not affect the existing router?

If you configured those devices on Omada controller, just relocating them won't lose the settings you made.

Options
2021-09-01 04:01:59
I'm sorry for the confusion. All of the other equipment is just random stuff. Nothing is Omada. I am replacing everything with Omada equipment. Router, switches, EAPs, etc. I just want to have all the settings and things that are needing to be done, pretty much squared away before I make the switch.
Options
2021-09-01 05:44:52

@ingeborgdot I prepared everything (networks, port config, etc) but did not enable the EAP radios to prevent interference. Then at one moment I planned downtime and switched all the hardware which took me about 15 min. Then I enabled the radios on the EAPs. The longest time I had to wait for my ISP to release the MAC address of my old router. I was up and running in about 30 mins. This can be done if all the cabling is in place, of course.

Options
2021-09-01 07:06:19

@ingeborgdot 

I think you can refer to this video. This guy configured his whole system before connecting to the ISP line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i17jvrIjD0

Options
2021-09-01 09:43:19 - last edited 2021-09-01 10:13:54

@Somnus I have watched that one.  It was very informative.  So, I won't need to have an internet connection to get all of this done?  That was my biggest concern. 

When I do the switch over, I also have to reroute cables, add cables, etc.  I think it may work out to start on a Saturday afternoon and have them leave early, which he will, and work late, and then hopefully finish up on Sunday.  If it were only setting up the router etc. that wouldn't take too long, it is having to do all of the other stuff too that will make it take a lot longer.

Options
2021-09-02 07:22:40
Sure you don't need the internet when configure the whole set of devices as the video shows.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 6