PPTP Over Site to Site ipsec

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 13:15:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

With Omada Cloud (sofware controler) I have configured a site to site ipsec VPN between site A and site B.

The vpn is working perfect and I can connect from Site A all devices in lan in Site B and visa versa.

I also have an PPTP connection to Site A which give me access to all devices on Site A, but not the devices on SITE B.

As I can not have a PPTP connection on Site B (no public ip) I want to access Site B through PPTP wiht site A.

Does anyone have a idea how you can route a PPTP vpn over an ipsec vpn (the bold arrow route)?

Options
4 Reply
Re:PPTP Over Site to Site ipsec
2021-09-02 03:15:37

@PeterHor 

Hey,

Controller can not do this currently. You will need to create two IPSec policies. One from site A to site B, the other from the VPN IP of PC to site B. But on controller, you can only select LAN network, not VPN network. If you manage the router in standalone, you can enter the VPN IP of PC as local network.

As you mentioned there is no public IP on site B so that you can't configure PPTP, can you do port forwarding configuration for ER605 on its upstream router with public IP? If yes, things will be much easier:)

Options
2021-09-02 07:03:26

@Somnus 

Unfortunately the upstream router is an Italian internet provider not giving an public IP, which is the root of the problem.

So port forwarding on the this router is not in mine control.

Are you telling this could be solved by placing both routers in stand alone mode?

Which is very disappointing and lack of functionality of Omada cloud isn't it?

Peter

Options
2021-09-02 07:08:45

@PeterHor 

Yes. In standalone mode, you can enter the local subnet manually, so that you can specify the local subnet as the VPN IP of the PC.

Options
2021-09-06 14:14:17

@Somnus 

Thanks for the answers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1177

Replies: 4

Related Articles