Assigning VLAN to VPN devices on TL-R600VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 08:02:36
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Latest

My network infrastructure is currently ISP Modem > TL-R600VPN > T1600G-28PS > LAN devices

I'm currently setting up my office VPN such that my devices can connect to a file server and remote monitoring system connected to my TP Link switch. The VPN is configured fine, but my issue is that I can basically have access to my whole LAN via the VPN connection, which I'd like to restrict.

Is there any way of assigning VPN-connected devices to a VLAN such that I can restrict what devices the VPN connected device can connect to?

For what it's worth I've assigned the VPN devices a fixed IP range, so I'm looking for a function either on the router or switch where I can assign those IP addresses to a VPN along with the devices I want to access? Is this possible?

I've tried restricting IP ranges in the ACL, but that still seems to enable access to the router login page etc.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Assigning VLAN to VPN devices on TL-R600VPN
2021-09-12 06:46:56

@andy1102 3 questions.

1. what's your whole network diagram ?

2. Did you configure the client to LAN VPN on the R600 router?

3. Is the VLAN you configured on the switch an 802.1Q VLAN? Or is VLAN Interface configured ?

Options
Re:Assigning VLAN to VPN devices on TL-R600VPN
2021-09-28 14:30:36

@Yannie 

Thanks for your response, my issue was I was using a flat network (all devices in a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet) which caused issues. I have now moved to a multi-subnet which seems to have solved this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 2

Related Articles