Planned AP disable creates Alerts every disable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 21:18:12 - last edited 2021-09-10 21:23:16
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

I have multiple AP's through the house , however at night I disable Ap's in the bedroom's 

maybe I'm doing this wrong , but I found no option to 'just disable the radio's via a schedule'.

I searched the forums here and found the suggestion to disable the POE port with a POE schedule. 

so I did.  

However everytime I basically execute a 'planned' disable on the POE of the AP ,   The Alert services looses its pants and correctly flags a albeit false-positive error..... 

so everytime I get a nice ALERT !!!!!!!!  AP DISCONNECTED event ,    geeeeeh  why would my bed room AP's go down when I plan them to go down ???!!!.

Can it done that no alerts are raised for basically planned actions.   like a maintenance mode/ windows, reboots etc.... ,  so  you can set for a device that no alerts should be send from X to Y , or put them in a suppresed event tag ,  then I don't need to close/archive all this 'boy cries wolf'  events for the ap's which go down each night or when planned reboots happen.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Planned AP disable creates Alerts every disable
2021-09-11 00:57:36

@mehmeh Have you tried locating the WLAN Schedule in Wireless Settings of the SSID that your AP broadcasts? 

User from SC to HC
Options
2021-09-11 06:03:44 - last edited 2021-09-11 06:04:42

@mehmeh 

I have found that since I use that for my Guest Wifi disable.

However I can't disable per AP.  which is my goal here.   SSID for none guests remain up on AP's I don't disable.

The idea here is to have no transmission (or less ) during the nights in the bedrooms. (Since I added Ap's there , my wife is concerned about the transmissions ) 

I would possbily add more AP's in the garden and there also I would just like to turn them off during the night.

Options
2021-09-11 06:18:20

@mehmeh 

Then your solution will be the good option, disabling PoE via schedule. 

Receiving an alert because it informs you that they lose the heartbeat of the AP. If you want you can disable this alert on Notification Settings.

Otherwise, we can suggest them to add another logger that "hey, this AP is hibernating" or similar to that.

User from SC to HC
Options
2021-09-11 14:58:55

@mehmeh 

yeah basically for devices you can set some maintance windows , in which no alerts about these devices will be send ( or they will be automatically suppressed ) 

one could then put this windows around actions like reboots or POE schedules, or planned disables like in my case.   a small checkbox on pages like reboot or poe 'add maintenance windows'  would be very user friendly to configure the maintenace windows. 

Options
2021-09-12 03:49:58

@mehmeh Maybe you can consider setting up a WLAN Schedule for your wireless SSID to achieve your goal.

Options
2021-09-13 06:48:47

I already use that (guest network) , but that is not the question or request that I have.

What is your solution to the fact that I reboot my AP's ? and still get alerts ? 

The idea is to have 'window of time'  (aka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maintenance_window , in which alerts are suppresed , or immediately flagged as suppressed )  in which no alerts get send by devices because a known/planned action happens ....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 6