EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE
EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE
2021-09-11 21:22:10
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I  intended to update my home network more than a year ago but circumstances brought that to an abrupt halt. I am now back on the case and looking to commence this work. I thought I would probably need firmware upgrades for the equipment I have had sitting in their boxes on the shelf for the last 12 months, and have gathered that I will need to do some of this before I can get everything deployed.

Reading up on my equipment has left me somewhat confused so I thought I would give the network deployment advisor a try, and it showed the options including equipment I have however, when I look at the OC200 controller one of those pieces of equipment (TL-SG108PE ) is not on the compatibility list!

My network upgrade is to use 3 x EAP outdoor AP's which I will need to mesh using the OC200. The reason I need 3 is I have 2 buildings with CCTV NVR's that need to be connected to a switch to get them on the network. Total distance fro 1st EAP225 to third will be about 80 metres.

So the configuration would be Internet > Router Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 > Access Layer Switch TL-SG108PE > OC200 > EAP225-Outdoor. 

From there I need to connect the other 2 EAP225 outdoor AP's and the other 2 switches I have which are TL-SG1008P (also not on the OC200 compatibility list)

Any comments on the viability of how I intend to construct this with the equipment I have would be much appreciated. Do I need to change the first switch (TL-SG108PE) for one on the compatibility lis , i.e. TL-SG2008P?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE
2021-09-12 02:42:14

@Martroe I don't think you need to replace your switch. TL-SG108PE is not in the compatibility list of OC200, it just means it can't be managed by OC200, it doesn't mean it can't be used with OC200, OC200 is just a hardware controller to manage devices centrally. I think you can use your existing equipment to achieve your purpose without wasting more money replacing your existing equipment.

Options
Re:EAP AND SWITCH ADVICE
2021-09-12 22:18:51

@Yannie 

Many thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Regards

Martroe

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 2

Related Articles