Setting up EAP225-Outdoor to feed private network inside RV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-12 20:07:34 - last edited 2021-09-12 20:55:10
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Can I set up an EAP225-Outdoor to receive anRV Park wifi to feed an indoor private wifi network router?  So far, only my router can 'see' the EAP225's signal, and the EAP cannot log into the RV Park's network.  I cannot get any controller (Android or web-based) app to log into the EAP to do any setup, either.

I must be missing something simple, but right now can't see what that might be.

I currently have a private [indoor] wireless network [with a few PCs, wireless printers & plotters] that connects to the outside world through DSL, but want  to use the RV Park's [free] wifi, which was upgraded just last week.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.  This is my home office.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up EAP225-Outdoor to feed private network inside RV
2021-09-13 02:13:48

@Rich_G According to my understanding, EAP225-Outdoor requires a wired connection to the network source to expand wifi, which means that EAP225-Outdoor cannot be used as a repeater, so I think EAP225-Outdoor should not be able to meet your needs.

Options
2021-09-13 21:41:32 - last edited 2021-09-13 22:32:27

@Yannie I thought these things were bi-directional, and I could set this thing up as an outdoor Access Point with a Cat5 cable feeding my router, like I used to with a [indoor] DLink Range Extender.  It worked, but the wifi signal was too sensitive to the presence of other RVs nearby.  Still using the router to give some network isolation from the RV Park's Wifi network, but I want to ditch the DSL modem.

Any other ideas?

Options
2021-09-14 07:56:58

@Rich_G Maybe CPE can meet your requirements, I saw a FAQ on their official website, which explains some working modes of CPE.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2090/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 3