TL-SG2210P POE-PD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG2210P POE-PD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG2210P POE-PD
TL-SG2210P POE-PD
2021-09-14 14:42:38
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

We are using for while now TL-SG2210P and TL-SG2008P as POE-PD's with POE-trough on a Juniper EX4200-48PX.

As the Juniper is quite old and it would be nice to have all switch in Omada we wanted to replace it with a tl-sg3452p or even just a TL-SG2428P together with more TL-SG2008P.

Unfortunately we had to find out, that the TP-Link switches are not willing to power the small once (tl-sg2210p, tl-sg2008p).

We know, that TP-Link doesn't sell the small once with official POE-PD-support but as we are used to do so we would like to continue like that.

It's quite usefull to have just the main switch powered and the others with AP's/Phones as POE-PD powered by it.

Is someone using a similar setup with pure TP-Link-environment?

Might there be a workaround to make the setup work?

Are there other TP-Link switch combinitions that would support our setup?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG2210P POE-PD
2021-09-15 03:10:08

@fishbone222 Although I did not use these devices like you did, but according to my understanding, TP-Link does not seem to produce this type of switch, so if you want to use a complete set of TP-Link switches, I feel that it cannot meet your needs.

Options
Re:TL-SG2210P POE-PD
2021-09-16 21:02:41

@Yannie 

Thanks for your reply.

I guess you are unfortunately right.

At least thats our experience and the statement of TP-Link so far.

I just had the hope there might be someone out there having an idea for a solution.

Or at least an idea why it works with the juniper but not the tl-sg.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 2

Related Articles