IGMP Snooping - reports on router port are rebroadcasted on the same port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-07 18:02:38
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-SG3210

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.8.3 Build 20120510 Rel.78473

I have the following network setup:

TL-SG3210 (PORT 8) <-> dumb switch <-> router

and I have two IGMP capable devices, one connected to port 1 of the TL-SG3210 (lets call it IGMPD1) and the other to the dumb switch (lets call it IGMPD2). I have IGMP Snooping configured on ports 1 and 8, router port is port 8, and the feature works correctly for IGMPD1.

The problem is that when IGMPD2 broadcasts IGMP report packets, and they are received by port 8 of the TL-SG3210, they are rebroadcast again on port 8. What happens is that the dumb switch now thinks that traffic to IGMPD2 should be sent to the TL-SG3210, and not to the port that IGMPD2 is connected.

Bottom line, IGMP report packets received on the TL-SG3210's configured "router port" should not be re-broadcasted. This should be easy to filter, since the port where the packet was received will be the same that the packet goes out.

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:IGMP Snooping - reports on router port are rebroadcasted on the same port
2013-12-05 10:08:53
Mine 3210 is OK...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 1