TL-R470T+ PPPoE Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-01 21:26:01 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:27:43
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : AT&T

Hi All,

I recently purchased this router to replace a very old linksys workhorse. The Load Balancing options are what attracted me to it. Although I will not use them for a few more months (when i get my other line), i am having problems making the router work with even one line.

I have a PPPoE service from AT&T. Modem is bridged so PPPoE is setup on tp-link router. Everything works great after setup, until the next day comes. Upon inspection of my computer the following morning I have no Internet. The dedicated WAN port is red (does anybody know what red means?). I can access my router's interface but cannot setup service again, the router just does not see the modem anymore. Next Step, I power cycle the modem and router and try again. Now setup runs just as smoothly as initial install. Only problem is I have to do this all over again the very next day. 4 days now I've had to do this (everyday), I cannot figure out why and I emailed the tp-link support but they have not responded.

I am not as tech savvy as most of you on here, but I suspect that there is an error when the modem gets a new IP leased from my ISP, for some reason the router reads that as some kind of disconnect from my service instead of updating it's IP addresses.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, I'm at a total loss here.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ PPPoE Disconnects
2013-07-10 17:33:07 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:27:43
the port is red for WAN? I checked the UG and only Green or Yellow is available for the ethernet port. When disconnect, how about the status showed on interface, maybe you can also have a try for MAC Clone.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles