Timeouts and slow access to certain websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-22 23:15:13
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.1 Build 20210721 Rel.39263

I've setup a small home network in my home (OC200 1.0, ER605 v1.0, TL-SG2210P v3.20, EAP225(EU) v3.0 and EAP245(EU) v3.0; EAPs run via POE), all running the latest version of the firmware.

I've set up multiple vlans which run on profiles on both LAN ports which connect the EAPs with the Switch. Everything runs fine, but I came across a few issues while using the setup for a few days:

- Online Banking applications run very slowly or timeout completly (three banks tested). This occures via LAN and Wifi, via browser and the respective apps on mobile.

- The application teamspeak timeouts with a very high ping almost immedeatly after joining a server. The discord ping is also very high (< 5000 ms).

- Downloading large files, especially Games via Steam, seems to go fast in the beginning, and then drop to a few kb/s. Later the download speed increases again, and sharply decreases again. Speedtests max out most of the time.

I'm connecting to the internet via the router/modem which my ISP provides me with, using it in bridge mode connected to the ER605. 

What could be the issue of the timeouts? Is the QoS Tag of the PPOE connection a factor here? Could the firewall settings be an issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Timeouts and slow access to certain websites
2021-09-24 06:20:59

@Whiteout 

Do you use two ISP connection?

Try to enable this one and check again.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Timeouts and slow access to certain websites
2021-09-24 06:51:08

@Virgo Thanks for your reply.

I'm using only one ISP connection (Telekom Germany via PPOE and a Speedport Smart 4 in modem mode).

Using my ISP provided router/modem works just fine, trouble start when using the R605 as a router - even without using the OC200 or a switch.

I'm using the latest version of the R605 1.0 (1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608), upload speed maxes out, download speed is only around 10% of my max download speed. Is there any way to rollback to the first firmware version ER605(UN)_V1_1.0.1_20210113? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 840

Replies: 2