OC200 Controller Settings Menu is Greyed Out?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-24 18:25:17 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:59:37
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.1 Build 20210721 Rel.39263

Hello All- I set up a lab using TP-Link Omada and loving the equipment so far. Wondering why my “Controller Settings” menu is greyed out though? I believe this is where the backup and restore/maintenance items will be because I don’t see them anywhere else… my equipment setup is OC200/R605 and Jetstream 8 port. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 Controller Settings Menu is Greyed Out?-Solution
2021-09-24 18:59:27 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:59:37

@DGV-TECH 

It a cunning plan to trick people to click on the submenu indicator thinking they will go to the controller settings* , while its  just a break in the menu to indicate the controller settings menu part

Just follow the same menu up => the settings above are actually all under the submenu 'site settings'  ( its also light grey ) 

*: The gui guy probably still laughs in a corner everytime when he sees someone doing it.   

/s : if you enable the 'user experience programs'  , The same guy probably has stats on how many times this submenu was pressed , so he can laugh even more 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:OC200 Controller Settings Menu is Greyed Out?-Solution
2021-09-24 18:59:27 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:59:37

@DGV-TECH 

It a cunning plan to trick people to click on the submenu indicator thinking they will go to the controller settings* , while its  just a break in the menu to indicate the controller settings menu part

Just follow the same menu up => the settings above are actually all under the submenu 'site settings'  ( its also light grey ) 

*: The gui guy probably still laughs in a corner everytime when he sees someone doing it.   

/s : if you enable the 'user experience programs'  , The same guy probably has stats on how many times this submenu was pressed , so he can laugh even more 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OC200 Controller Settings Menu is Greyed Out?
2021-09-24 19:04:33
Ahhh brilliant! I was confused because I can't find manual backup and restore anywhere in the setting so I figured they are in the greyed-out portion lol. Any guidance n where I can find those settings? I only see "Auto Backup.
Options
2021-09-24 19:12:03 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:21:49

@DGV-TECH 

controller settings > maintenance 

yeah no idea why backup needs to be under maintance but autobackup needs to have a dedicated menu

The laughing gui guy probably has an explanation about it 

laughing gui guy : 

Why 'backup and restore' is under maintance but why 'autobackup'  is not maintenance ??

Well >  you doing stuff is 'maintenance' but if it is automatic .. it is not real maintenance because you don't do it because its automatic ....*silence*  

imho the whole gui is all over the place esp for the controller

Why is 'history data retention' under 'controller'  but if you want to backup the data you need to go to maintenace ? 

and this history data retention thingy , if you have a hardware controller => they advise against it  .ehum ok ?? 

but I have a USB storage attached ??? it doesn't store it there ? 

my USB is still empty after weeke of usage , at this moment I basically expect this thing to basically Disk full or something. 

Options
2021-09-24 19:29:52 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:33:44

@DGV-TECH 

well you got me started now.

controller settings > user interface > refresh button   <=== heuuuh ?

confused me ? 

if you enable disable it add/removes the 'refresh button ' in the top right  => I bet  you 10$ you didn't use that button once......  but that's not the point why would you want to add or remove it ???      The only thing I can thing of that at some point this button took to  much space ( maybe on a mobil device ) and there is now a toggle to have that button.......

But an option to store how many records a page will default show, every single time it defaults to 10/page *f**$$*!!*  , 

<==== laughing gui guy , is dying , he's rolling on the floor laughing....  

Options
2021-09-24 19:50:22

@mehmeh 

Yeah, it's definitely all over the place... Still don't see how to manually backup the hardware settings. Only Auto backup is available for me and it did back up to an empty USB storage I plugged in. And to the right of the auto back up I now see the retore option to restore from that auto back up.

Options
2021-09-24 19:56:37 - last edited 2021-09-24 20:01:31

well offcourse there is no button to take a backup 'now' onto the USB storage device , its there for autoback only that would be stupid right ?

why would you want to take a 'manual' backup now, surely you don't want to MAKE or TEST if this device would make an actual backup ( remember its automatic ) on a USB device he just plugged in...

Or imagine that a user fore example want to upgrade the FW , and just before that take a backup now to the USB device (via the backup to USB storage now)  ..... ???

geeeesh....

I too have autobackup on , I'm waiting on the first of the month , to see the magic happen 

meanwhile I took a backup to my computer via the maintenance menu.

Options
2021-09-24 19:56:39 - last edited 2021-09-24 19:58:23

*double post , messed up the edit*

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3176

Replies: 7