L2TP VPN setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP VPN setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L2TP VPN setup
L2TP VPN setup
2021-09-27 18:51:05

I have a site to site IPSEC tunnel setup to connect to a Teletonika 3g/4g router - all working well no problems.

I also would like the ability for users to be able to dial in with a L2TP connection. When I try and save the VPN setup I get the message below, but I have no way of accessing or configuring the Phase 2 settings, and I only have one WAN port in use.

This IPsec VPN policy has the same Phase-2 settings as the existing one, please change the WAN port.

Is there a way of configuring this ?, the benefits of the Omada system outweigh the negative points, but I am find the VPN setup a little limiting.

I could use Openvpn but there is not much granular control of what users can or can't do - networks they can access.

While the Draytek router I have is not the best at VPN it is a bit more flexible with its setups - I suppose more mature is the word.

Hopefully the developers can spot this and polish up the VPN part of the system.
Options
1 Reply
Re:L2TP VPN setup
2021-09-27 19:58:25 - last edited 2021-09-27 21:19:30

As a further setup thing if I delete the site to site ipsec tunnel I can then create the L2TP with IPSEC, but I cannot alter the Phase 1 or Phase 2 settings, nor see what they are. If I wanted to use the inbuild Android client it has no easy control over these settings, and I cant set them. All a little useless.

Think I have found the biggest dissapointing bit of the system, the whole VPN setup seems not quite there, OK for a home or small business user logging onto their network but not for multiple users - unless I am missing something somewhere.

Definatly needs some more control, ACLS that are VPN connection aware etc.

As an addition to the above if I now try to create the site to site IPSEC tunnel it tells me as below...

This IPsec VPN policy has the same IP addresses settings for peer routers on the VPN tunnel as the existing one, the Phase-1 settings should be the same.

Except I have no clue what the phase one settings actually are wehn created from an L2TP connection.

I would have expected that the IPSEC settings be configured in a separate menu, and then be applied where required. My comments still stand that the VPN just isnt cutting it and needs some urgent work. Devs need to take an urgent look at VPN as a whole.

I also dont expect to go into menus and see what passwords and preshared keys are in plain text - most odd.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 1

Related Articles