ER7206 / DynDNS Multiple Hosts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-02 09:07:32
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.1.1

Hi,

I've just bought an ER7206 to replace existing kit as I've also recently deployed an OC300 and EAP access points.

One of the requirements I have is to configure multiple DynDNS host updates but I'm not able to do this. The interface will not allow multiple entries to be created and annoyingly also blocks the other methods of providing updates to Dyn - separating host names with a comma. It complains that the host value is invalid.

Am I missing something? Any workarounds?

If it's not possible I suspect I may be returning it - every other piece of hardware I've had allows multiple dynamic hosts to be updated.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7206 / DynDNS Multiple Hosts
2021-11-17 07:30:42

@Shawsky 

Do you resolve this? Any workarounds?

I checked the system. Seems to be one domain for each profile created. What if you create multiple profiles? Will this work?

Let me know when you get something. 

Options
2021-11-17 12:02:28

@John1234 

No, no resolution, your reply is the only interest I've had. I'm actually using the router under Omada now - problem is the same though. There's no way to create multiple profiles. It will only let you create one DynDNS entry (or other supported dynamic dns platforms). 

No further forward, problem is still there and it's disappointing. Shame as most of it works very well but the deficiencies are very annoying (basic stuff that's been in ISP supplied routers for years and years).

Options
2021-11-18 03:03:50

@Shawsky 

Let's hope FAE will read this thread and feed back on this. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1316

Replies: 3