Weird issue on IOS devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 22:59:36 - last edited 2021-10-08 02:11:31
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.05

Hi all, 

I am having a very weird issue on a public network and I am not finding any answers to that. 

A person using that wifi is having issues with all of his IOS devices able to connect to the network but cannot browse internet. I changed the wifi SSID for that user on that particular access point which was close to his location and he is able to connect and browse. Why he is not able to browse the internet with the common WiFi ssid which is avalable for others. Other users can connect and browse internet fine with that SSID but not that particular user. Its on all IOS devices only. Also when I was troubleshooting this issue I found that he is getting a weird IP address like 172... but my gateway does not provide this DHCP my gatway provide 192 series IP address. have someone seen this issue and is there a fix for it. Right now user is connected with a seperate SSID not the one shared by others. Please help 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Weird issue on IOS devices
2021-11-16 09:24:02

@Vic-IR 

Nah.. Not possible. Unless you have 172. VLAN interface. Or a router shares the same SSID and it's on 172.X.X.X/24

He's on another network. Very possible. I know how iOS WiFi works. It's switching if detects this WiFi's bad. And, Private Address. All that stuff, causing a lot of trouble. 

You can ask him to turn off Auto-Join to other WiFi. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 1

Related Articles