Looking for a pure EVDSL modem (bridge mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-08 23:09:06
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have configured a LAN for my B&B with EAP access points and a TL-470T+ as my main router. Now (finally) time has come to connect it to the Internet.

I have no other router on the network and my ISP gives me a EVDSL connection, so I thought to myself I could buy a simple modem/gateway to connect the TL-470T to the VDSL line, but...

I can't seem to find any simple transparent EVDSL modem! I don't want to buy an integrated modem/router. Not only I don't need no frills like wifi, USB sharing etc, but it would cause a double NAT problem... I need a gateway in bridge mode!

Can anyone suggest a product, or have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Looking for a pure EVDSL modem (bridge mode)
2021-10-11 07:45:25

@aFunkyBass As far as I know, tplink does not seem to sell pure modem products, I think you can consider setting the modem router into pure modem mode ?

Options
2021-10-14 15:58:08

@Yannie thanks for your reply.

Do you think that it's possible to configure say the Archer VR1210v in transparent bridge mode? Maybe using PPoE Passthrough?

Options
2021-10-15 09:34:11

@aFunkyBass As far as I know, many archer vr series modem routers sold by tplink have bridge mode.laugh

Options
2021-10-20 14:47:40

@aFunkyBass You should be able to use pppoe passthrough or bridge mode in almost any CPE. 

Options
2021-10-22 21:12:23

Thank you all for taking the bother.  I bumped into this used Zyxel modem/router and I configured it as a transparent bridge. Probably in the next future I'll replace it with a TP-Link Archer because I need EVDSL whereas my Zyxel is only VDSL2. For now it does the trick!

Thanks again.

Options