ER605 running Omada Controller on Raspberry Pi Docker - Issues DHCP/Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-10 20:55:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello.

I am a bit confused at the moment.

I have the Tp-link TL-ER605 and i have tp-links unmanaged switches sg108 i belive they are called. I use the controller software(omada) on one of my raspberry pi´s and i get some strange behaviour. In the clients section where you can set static ip´s i get a message about "The feature is available only when the gateway acts as the DHCP server.". I dont really know how the ER605 is not acting as a DHCP server !?

Also, every now and they it says N/A on the Dashboard for internet and gateway so i have to do a speedtest again. Why is that ?

I attached a picture that might help.

Please use simple words to help explain this.

File:
dhcpserver.pngDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 running Omada Controller on Raspberry Pi Docker - Issues DHCP/Gateway
2021-10-11 08:40:43

@jonas740 Hi

1. This is just a hint, it means that if you want to achieve the above function, you must let your router to act as a DHCP server, not means that your router is not a DHCP server now.
2. It is recommended that you upgrade both the controller version and the router firmware to the latest version.

Options
2021-10-11 08:55:54

@Yannie 

Yannie wrote

@jonas740 Hi

1. This is just a hint, it means that if you want to achieve the above function, you must let your router to act as a DHCP server, not means that your router is not a DHCP server now.
2. It is recommended that you upgrade both the controller version and the router firmware to the latest version.

Thanks for answer. 

I set this up during the past week and I upgraded everything to the latest. 

Ye it looks like a hint because I am able to set static ip and also naming my devices. 

But that part where you are saying that I need to let my router to act as a dhcp server. What does that mean exactly and how do I go about accomplishing that? 

And as you are saying, as far as I know it is configured to act as a dhcp server, at least as I can see. Using 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254.

Options
2021-10-13 08:03:18

@jonas740 Sorry, English is my second language so I may not express it very clearly. Don't worry about that, your router is now the DHCP Server.laugh

Options