AP shows Isolated when it is a Wired for uplink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-11 23:07:14
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5 Build 20210604 Rel. 51118

In omada on the logging page it shows that each of my EAP225 access points are isolated. That said on the main dashboard it shows that the Status is "Connected"

I have never set up any of my AP to use a radio for backhaul connections. Each has a homerun to my poe switch.

Will the AP's go "Isolated" if my omada controler goes offline?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:AP shows Isolated when it is a Wired for uplink
2021-10-12 07:27:50

@PaulTA Hi,did you create a mesh? Only when you create a mesh, the isolated status will appear.The AP once managed by the controller via a wireless connection now cannot reach the gateway then Its status will become isolated.You can rebuild the mesh network by connecting it to an AP in the Connected status, then the isolated AP will turn into a connected one. If your Omada Controller is accidentally shut down, as long as the Mesh relationships among Mesh APs are not changed, the Mesh network can maintain the basic Wi-Fi coverage, so it is possible that the status of the AP is still connected and not isolated.

Options
2021-10-12 16:05:20

@Yannie This is not a mesh setup. Mesh was never setup in this environment. All Access Points are direct connected to 3750 cisco switch. 

The only thing I can think of is my Omada controller is dual homed. one nic on magment network for AP controller traffic and one leg on the prod network.

Options
2021-10-13 18:07:47

@PaulTA 

The error corrolates with the automatic rebooting of the Access Points. The ap reboots then when coming back online it generates the error in omada that the ap is isolated. Perhaps a bug? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1671

Replies: 3