could not connect to one of an SSID on remaining EAP660 after another is powered off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

could not connect to one of an SSID on remaining EAP660 after another is powered off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-13 04:59:11
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I have 2 EAP660 connected to TL-SG2008P poe switch. I also have the OC200 controller connected to the same switch.

Both have 4 SSID for 4 WiFi.

One of the AP (let's name it AP2) is near the kids room and I have scheduled the poe switch to power off the poe port for AP2 each evening and power on in the morning (the reason been to have less exposure on the kids). I have looked at an option to disable the WiFi only on the AP2 but looks like it's possible to have a schedule for a each SSID that will apply to all access points (at least I was not able to find how to do that only on one AP and not all of them).  

Now the problem is that one of the WiFi is not accessible on the remaining EAP660 (let's name it AP1) after the AP2 is turned off (tried to connect from 3 different devices (chromebook, ipad and my laptop without any success) and for now only the reboot of the AP1 solves the access problem. Did not checked all the SSID, but one SSID is working fine and at least one could not be connected to.  

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot such situation? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:could not connect to one of an SSID on remaining EAP660 after another is powered off
2021-10-14 08:32:23

@Ionut21 1. If the 4 SSIDs of your two EAP broadcasts are the same, then you can achieve your needs by disabling PoE of the switch. You can set it in the PoE Schedule interface of the controller, turn off the PoE of the AP2 port at night, and then turn it on in the morning, so that your EAP will not broadcast any wifi at night.

2. If the SSIDs of your two EAPs are not the same, you can use WLAN Schedule to achieve your goal and let this AP2 stop broadcasting the SSID at night.

Options
Re:could not connect to one of an SSID on remaining EAP660 after another is powered off
2021-10-15 06:14:28

@Yannie 

Thanks for response. 

I use exactly the poe schedule on the switch to power off the AP2 during the night time. 

As I said, the problem is with one of the SSID that is not working on AP1 after the AP2 is turn off. All SSID works fine till AP2 is turned off, at least nobody complains.

I have to reboot the AP1 each time after complaints from family that they don't have internet anymore.

Decided to schedule the reboot of AP1 after 1 min of the AP2 poe off schedule. Not ideal as this will disrupt the internet for all other users connected to wifi during the reboot, but that is what I have to do manually any way. 

Any idea why this happens and why only one SSID is affected? 

All 4 SSID uses tagged vlans and I have a 5th untagged vlan without SSID as managed vlan.

Options
2021-11-02 05:53:06

@Ionut21 Hey,Sorry I misunderstood your meaning before. This phenomenon is very strange.
1. Do the two EAPs broadcast these 4 SSIDs together ?
2. Are the configurations of these 4 SSIDs (except for name and password) exactly the same ?
3. Is the SSID in question 2.4G or 5G ?
I suspect that this SSID may have a different configuration from other SSIDs. I suggest that you can check the settings again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 3