Omada OC200 working but no longer showing as cloud connected. How can i reconnect it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada OC200 working but no longer showing as cloud connected. How can i reconnect it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-18 10:39:02
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Our small golf club network has four AC1350 APs plus an Omada OC200, connecting to a PC LAN and internet router.  We had a router outage last week and i lost remote access to the OC200.  On site, I managed to get connected as Local rather than Cloud - and then by mistake removed the controller from cloud access.   The wifi and controller are obviously still working.  How can i reconnect the OC200 to Cloud without losing all the configuration?  I don't want to restart from scratch as we have three SSID across the Access Points.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada OC200 working but no longer showing as cloud connected. How can i reconnect it?
2021-10-19 06:45:03

@KWTPGC Hi,You need to log in to your OC200 with the IP of OC200 locally, then re-enable cloud access and re-bind your tplink id to continue using the cloud access function.

Options
Re:Omada OC200 working but no longer showing as cloud connected. How can i reconnect it?
2021-10-21 12:30:11

Thanks for thta information.  Just done that successfully.  I can see the controller on cloud but still cant connect to it when i click Launch (failed to connect to controller).  I also can't see how to backup the OC200 configuration, just in case i have to doa factory reset.

Options
POWER CUT - now OC200 and EAPs aren't talking to each other!
2022-02-20 11:49:52

Same setup as previously with 4 x EAP225 and one OC200 controller.  After a lengthy overnight power cut of Friday, the hardware controller lost its cloud connection and I couldn’t get it back through local or cloud admin.  So I reset the controller with its reset button.  I successfully attached the controller to cloud, but it seems to have lost all the configuration details.  The 4 x APs are still working and we can connect to the 3 SSID we have across those 4 devices.  However, these show as configured by another controller.  I had taken a backup in the autumn but can’t find it – and I don’t want to have to build the SSID and settings from scratch again.

Is there anyway to get the hardware controller to learn the settings from the existing Aps?  Help would be appreciated!

@KWTPGC 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1426

Replies: 3

Related Articles