TL-7206, SG2428P and IGMP v3 Magenta TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-7206, SG2428P and IGMP v3 Magenta TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:TL-7206, SG2428P and IGMP v3 Magenta TV
2022-01-01 15:37:16
Thanks for the link. I installed the beta right away, unfortunately nothing has improved for me. I use a Draytek Vigor166 in bridge mode and not a Telekom router. With the Fritzbox, which I wanted to replace with the Vigor, it works wonderfully.
Options
2022-01-03 12:13:22
this patch works for me, see link for patch and description.
Options
2022-02-26 17:30:06

@Orandus 

I got the same issue, you guys have. With this, I have embarrassed myself in front of my family.

I am in the IT business, for more than 25 years, and something like this is a novelty for me. Meaning, a first, for not getting something running given time and effort. With a complete tp-link setup, I wanted to finally improve my network performance at home, which was based on standard AVM fritzbox! so far, which ran stable but with the little perks it has. 

The setup, I unsuccessfully tried:

Telekom VDSL (100 Mpbs / 37 Mbps) ->

Draytek 167 Router (newest Firmware) [Bridge Mode] ->

tp-link ER7206 Router ->

tp-link TL-SG3428 (2x) ->

Media Receiver 401 & 201

The network worked like a charm. Internet, Access to my Synologies was thanks to link aggregation really fast. Everything worked, even telephony. I hung the fritzbox! as a client behind the managed switches, and even IP-telephony worked instantly without issues.

And now the big BUT. But IP-TV (Telekom Magenta) was impossible to get going. On all channels, the first few seconds were ok, but then picture and audio hung.

IGMP v3, VLAN, IGMP proxy. I configured all, but nothing changed for me.

I have the latest firmware on the OC200 (5 something), updated the ER7206 and TL-SG3428 to the latest versions as well (which were available on Feb. 25th). v1.2 for the ER7206, fresh from january, which is supposed to support IPTV. Nothing.

Today, I had to rollback, and have a lot of tp-link metal lying around, getting dusty. Does anyone have any other ideas or found any solutions? I really want to use that stuff.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Options
2022-02-27 08:15:06

Hi,

sorry for the late response. 

I had a lot of mail discussions with the support and got a debug-fix-version, which is now part of the beta, I think. 

It's working now for me with one (big) exception: I had to set up my Telekom Router Speedport Smart 3 into router mode, and not into bridge mode. Means, I have 2 Networks now... After that the Media Receiver issue was gone.

My setup is now: 

Speedport Smart 3 (Router mode) -> TL-7206 Router -> TL-SG2428P Switch -> Media Receivers, GoBox100, and rest of my devices (and some Wifi APs...).

But after that my telephone did not work. I'm using the Gigaset GoBox 100 and was not able to establish a connection or get a call from someone. I solved it, when I create a connection from the Speedport Smart 3 port to one port of my Switch directly, from there to a "Netzwerkdose" in the living room and there I plugged in the GoBox. 

The support said, they will look at the problem with Router mode vs Bridge mode, but then I lost the communication to them (I had a lot of other private stuff to do in that time). 

The solution is not perfect, but at the moment it's working. 

Hope it helps,

Lars

Options