er605 standalone not available when managed by oc200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 18:58:36
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

by default, it seems that when ER605 is managed by OC200 the standalone mode is not available anymore.

the only way is to reset the routeur or forget it in the controller (finally a reset).

Is it possible to configure ER605 or OC200 to keep the standalone mode avialable (at least in read only mode) ?

if not then is it possible to add the feature in a next FW release ? 

I would like to connect more "omada" devices in my network (switches + eaps), and I'm wondering if they will have the same behavior ?

even if the "omada" solution seems to be interesting, I want to keep control on all my devices, then I do not see why it is not possible with the controller (even if a modification is done on a device, I think that a notification could be sent to the controller to update the configuration).

Thanks in advance

Vincent 

Server Error:403 Forbidden.

Permission Denied: Omada Controller Software is running. Web Server is forbidden.

Omada Controller IP is 192.168.0.142.

This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller. If you want to manage the Gateway in standalone mode, forget the Gateway from the Omada Controller or reset it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:er605 standalone not available when managed by oc200
2021-10-20 01:30:41

@dvs , Its one or the other...not both.  And of course if you put it into managed via OC200, you lose your stand alone settings...and vice versa.  

Managed is basically managed.  The OC200 has to keep tabs all the time of whats doing what, so if you went in via standalone, it would have no idea of what you did....

Options
2021-10-20 14:33:31

@dvs I've the same issue. My ER605 is managed by an OC200, I've discovered that accessing locally to ER605 some diagnostic features, like traceroute/ping, are available.

The question is ... how can I use this diagnostic feature with ER605 managed by the OC200?

thanks to all,

Stefano

Options
2021-10-20 14:52:51

@sReggy it would seem that not everything is yet accessible via the OC200 when its controlling the router.  But...at the same time you get locked out of things when its not in stand alone mode....its that catch 22.   TP-Link has the right idea but they need to port EVERYTHING that is available on the router over to the OC-200 to allow us to use tools as such regardless if its stand alone or managed by the OC200.  Even with my SG2008P switch, certain functions are missing from the OC200 that I would normally be able to do if it were in stand alone. 

And we cant take the units out of managed control or else we lose all the settings when it wipes the config and reboots it. I am hoping TP-Link is working on making the managed system more robust so it is indeed all encompassing via the OC200 and my one place I can do everything....or else I may have to resort to putting everything back as stand alone and not even bother with the OC200.  Its not totally inconvenient to log into each item separately and make changes provided you have the knowledge of what you need to do and where. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1877

Replies: 3