TL-ER605 ban DHCP server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-ER605 ban DHCP server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-ER605 ban DHCP server
TL-ER605 ban DHCP server
2021-10-21 07:19:52
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear All,

I've my OC200 connected to ER605 as router. As DHCP server I'm using a Raspberry PI with DNSMASQ.

What happen is that PI is not able to ping ER605, they are on the same switch, same net ... if I change the IP on the PI for some minutes everything is working fine, PI is able to ping ER605 ... but after few minutes the two devices aren't able to ping ... both devices are correctly 'pingable' from the other devices on the net (wired and wireless).

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stefano

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-ER605 ban DHCP server
2021-10-22 09:39:48

@sReggy This phenomenon is so strange.
1. what is your network topology?
2. what is the IP of ER605 and the IP of PI?
3. what's your network configuration settings ?

Options
2021-10-22 16:05:13

@Yannie I've discovered the issue. To try to solve internal IP, i've set internal DNS on WAN interface ... so this was the root cause.

So may problem is ... how can I solve my internal IP displying on controller the assigned name (as configured in internal DNS)?

Thanks in advance for support.

Regards

Stefano

Options
2021-11-03 06:25:11

@sReggy I don’t think I fully understand what you mean, can you explain a little bit what “ how can I solve my internal IP displying on controller the assigned name (as configured in internal DNS) ” is ?

Options
2021-11-03 14:04:17

@Yannie I'll try to better explain what I want ...

I've an internal DHCP/DNS, running on a Raspberry PI using DNSMASQ. On DNSMASQ I've assigned fixed IP/hostname to relevant stations/iot devices.

If I display client list on OC200 controller or on ER605 gateway the client name is not the same that I've assigned in DNSMASQ, this because there is no reverse resolution of internal address.

The only configuration about DNS that I'm able to manage, is the one in ER605 related to WAN DNS, but if I configure the internal DNS on WAN interface the IP address of the DNS is banned from LAN interface, probably because it's considered as WAN IP.

The problem related to the ban is simply solved removing the IP address of the internal DNS from WAN configuration ... but the problem of reverse resolution of internal IP is already present.

Any idea on how to address it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stefano

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 4