Omda controller does not display all clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-22 11:11:07 - last edited 2021-11-01 01:33:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

I ran into a problem with the clients list. I have several devices connected and they receive an IP address, but they are not displayed in the client list.

For example i have a Solar Edge converter connected and it has IP 192.168.0.247 but is is not shown in the client list 

Same goes for a TP-Link managed switch on IP 192.168.0.3

b.t.w. Advanced IP scanner displays these devices as active and connected

Annyone knows what's going on?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omda controller does not display all clients
2021-10-31 17:07:20 - last edited 2021-11-01 01:33:21

@Warri Is that TPlink switch controlled through Omada or is it an older one that omada can't control? 

I had a similar issue with some things disappearing. My issue came from having a omada switch connected to a  non omada managed switch was connected to a Omada Access point. 

Router >>> Omada managed switch >>>> non omada managed switch >>>>> Omada Access point and other connected devices 

The other devices on that non omada managed switch would get a dhcp address from the router then disappear from the list then the router would give those addresses to other things causing ip conflicts. But other devices on the other ports on my omada managed switch still was on the list, as well as anything going through the access points. It seems like if omada sees an omada managed device on the same port as regular clients it causes it to be confused. My fix was just replacing the down stream switch with an omada switch and everything was working normal.  

Not sure if this is any of help for you but just an observation I've seen. 

As for Solar Edge. I have solar edge as well and I noticed mine comes and goes throughout the day. The way I understand they only upload once every 5 minutes. And I'm assuming once it's done uploading it disconnects until it's ready to upload again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 1